Researching cruises online

Interesting thing I came across. Infants are charged full price same as adults.

I wonder why?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 2:05 AM on Mar. 21, 2013 in Travel

• Wow, I wouldn't have expected that. Infants don't eat, drink at the bars, do the ship activities, or even need their own beds. Does the cruise ship have available childcare?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:56 AM on Mar. 21, 2013

• That surprises me. An infant does not use nearly as many amenities as an adult.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:51 AM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Sometimes they offer children to go free. They have all the necessary accommodations for babies. Crib etc. They also have babysitting staff where they will stay with the baby/child in the room so you can go to dinner etc. They have GREAT Camps on board too. All Day they will entertain children of all ages. I think they offer it for free at times as well. They do crafts, sing, play, swim if they can in kiddie pools & more. I can't wait to take my kids soon. However, I think I will wait until my Daughter is at least 3 or 4. They have shore excursions & sometimes you have to board a small boat to take you to shore & I don't like the idea of carrying an infant on & off a boat especially if the waters are rough. It's also a good idea to make sure the child is fully immunized prior to taking the cruise as well. Remember there is staff on the boat from all over the world & may not have had full vaccinations. Cont:
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:56 AM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Cont: We had a Cabin Steward on our last cruise that came down with the Measles. I've been on a bunch of cruises so if you need tips just let me know. Also the higher deck you stay on the less motion you'll feel, get an outside room with a balcony (worth every penny) & pick a room in the center of the boat. It's just easier to get to the elevators & get to where you want faster. Shopping in the Islands is phenomenal! We've cruised out of NY, Texas, Florida & New Orleans a couple of times then stayed in the French Quarter.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:00 AM on Mar. 21, 2013

• P.S. The boats are SO HUGE you will not believe it & you can eat anything you can think of from all ethnicities too.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:02 AM on Mar. 21, 2013

• That makes sense. They must be 6 months to board and my baby is not immunized at all. I don't think we will go this year. I don't want to be on a cruise ship with a baby...
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 11:56 AM on Mar. 21, 2013

• That surprises me....
    princesskt

Answer by princesskt at 12:35 AM on May. 1, 2013