Is it possible to have your period and be pregnant? adult content

I just started what I think is my period. Today is the day I start, but it's not what I usually have. It's a very light pink and I believe I'm 'spotting'. I'm afraid it may be what I think it is. Any help?

Shelseyalmonte

Asked by Shelseyalmonte at 5:05 AM on Mar. 21, 2013 in Pregnancy

• You can't have a regular period and be pregnant. However some women do experience some spotting or light discharge that might be confused for an actual period, especially if she normally has irregular or light flow periods.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:08 AM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Should I take a test?
    Shelseyalmonte

Comment by Shelseyalmonte (original poster) at 6:15 AM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Couldn't hurt

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:23 AM on Mar. 21, 2013

• It is possible. I've known women who were pregnant, carried their babies to term, and had a period every month the whole time they were pregnant. I'm sure it doesn't happen often, but it does happen.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:30 AM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Ha Ha... I am watching "I Didn't Know I was Pregnant" on TLC. The Dr. said no. However, although it's not technically a period, there are other reasons a woman can bleed during pregnancy.... maybe you should watch that show... It's on right now!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:49 AM on Mar. 21, 2013

• You can not have a period while you are pregnant. It is physiologically impossible. You can bleed and think it is a period, but you can't have an actual period, because to have a true period during pregnancy would actually be a miscarriage, because a period is the shedding of the uterine lining.
    jojo_star

Answer by jojo_star at 12:27 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Take a test. If it is positive, see your doctor because bleeding in pregnancy could be a sign of low progesterone, which is a reason for needless pregnancy loss.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:02 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• There is such a thing as a split uterus and YES you most certainly can shed that uterine lining every month and still be pregnant in the other side. My mother had this and while she didn't have a period every month while pregnant she did have them during most.
    Anonymous