More football players having sex with girls, this time 13 yr olds. Can you believe it?

Here we go again. How stupid does one have to be to think that being 17 & 18 males and having sex with 13 yr old girls (yes PLURAL) is ok...and legal? This trend is simply making me ill thinking that in 2013 the mentality of high school football players having sex with children so young is still going on. Have these young men learned nothing in all their years of school or watching convictions of other football players with young girls? I'm simply livid over this.
What do you think about it?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/20/connecticut-high-school-football-sexual-assault_n_2918093.html?ref=topbar

Asked by admckenzie at 7:10 AM on Mar. 21, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• It's the girls fault, no one should put the blame on anyone but her. Their careers and life's are ruined because she's a slut, ho banger that enticed them. The entire town should embrace those football players and shun the girl. ( please note my sarcasm). Maybe someone from that town will come to cafemom and tell us about how great it is.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 8:04 AM on Mar. 21, 2013

• This is a generalization, so I know that this does not apply to the whole population of football players and athletes.

That said, I think that in most very competitive high school / college sports (and professional, but that much is obvious), a sense of celebrity and self importance is so strong in some of these kids. It's almost as though they think that since they are skilled in their sport that they do not have to answer to anyone and that the world is theirs for the taking. Teachers don't like to tell them no, their coaches don't like to tell them no. Their parents don't like to tell them no. They have no boundaries and don't care about the mess they leave in their wake. They feel entitled to do what they want simply because they can.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:09 AM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Football players seem to have the mentality that they can do whatever the hell they want- including raping children- just because they can throw a friggin' ball.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 3:03 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• As long as we make athletes, from high school students to professionals, into golden boy heroes who are entitled to everything, they'll take it all and grab for more. It's disgusting that in our culture, sports players seem to think they can do what they want, when they want, and never answer for it. I hope that changes eventually, but it would be up to the fans to say enough. We won't go watch sports figures of any age who disrespect women, period.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:59 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• I know you ladies are going to disagree with me, however young men these days have access to porn and more and more porn is pushing violence against women especially young women. Where do you think they get the ideas from? Our society embraces this sort of stuff as good and okay. Rather we think it is good and ok is irrelevant the mass majority does because they yell for their rights. As long as animated child pornography is okay and I am barely legal so come do me type of crap is in the porn industry we will continue to see these sorts of things happen.  It is really sad.

Anonymous

• Anon, I'm pretty sure men/boys have been raping women/girls long before porn was invented.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 5:09 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Ohh please anon, rapists were so common before TV, electric, porn any of that was around. Women were basically sex slaves lol.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 5:09 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Oh they also had boy sex slaves as well rape has always been around.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 5:10 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Well continue to ignore reality that is fine with me. Pornography does contribute to delinquency it has been proven in studies.  What ever.

Anonymous

Shit half the time they can't even do that accurately, but it still doesn't change their entitled attitudes. I say prosecute the bastards to the fullest extent of the law. If their "prospective football career" goes up in smoke too fucking bad. They should learn to FOLLOW the law NOT that they are aboveit.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:58 PM on Mar. 21, 2013