Enchiladas

I have a package of chicken breast,but not sure how to make it edible for enchiladas. Never made them before so I need help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Mar. 21, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Chops the breasts sautée then with peppers and onions let cool ( shred it after cool) mix with cheese and stuff into tortilla shells, roll up. Cover with enchilada sauce and cheese.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:44 AM on Mar. 21, 2013

• If it's bone-in breasts, boil them in water with onion, garlic, carrot, zuchinni, celery, parsnip- any vegetable you would use for a stock- parsley, dill, whole peppers abd just a bit of salt, and let it boil for about half an hour until fully cooked. Remove from the water and let cool. Shred it using your fingers.
    Tip: keep the stock simmering for another hour or so, strain it and keep it in the fridge or freezer. You can use it for soups and stews later.

If it's boneless, skinless, cut it into small pieces, sautée some onion ang garlic and add the chicken. Sautée until fully cooked.
    Soften the tortillas if needed (you can microwave then for a few seconds inside a Ziploc bag), add your chicken, roll then and accommodate them in a baking dish. Cover with salsa, making sure some gets in the bottom, add cream, cheese and if you want, some thinly sliced onion on top. Bake until bubbly and golden brown
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 10:08 AM on Mar. 21, 2013

• I would slow cook in a crock pot directly in the salsa verde before shredding and making the enchiladas that way.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:18 AM on Mar. 21, 2013

• I would do them in the crockpot too.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 10:34 AM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Along with the great answers so far sometimes I mix low fat sour cream with the shredded chicken before rolling them up.Then I use store bought Tomatillo sauce as the enchilada sauce and asadera (Mexican white cheese)for the cheese on top.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 12:22 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole

1 cup chopped onion
    1/2 cup chopped green pepper
    8 tbsp butter or margarine
    2 cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey (boiled or leftovers)
    1 4-ounce can diced mild green chili peppers
    1/4 cup flour
    3/4 tsp salt
    2-1/2 cups chicken broth
    1 cup sour cream
    1-1/2 cups shredded Jack or Cheddar cheese
    12 6-inch corn or flour tortillas

Cook onion and green pepper in 2 tablespoons butter or margarine. Add chicken and chili peppers, remove from pan.

Melt remaining butter in same pan. Stir in flour and salt, then broth. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly, then about two minutes more. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream and 1/2 cup of cheese.

Stir 1/2 cup sour cream sauce into chicken mixture.

Dip each tortilla into remaining sauce. Fill each with 1/4 cup of chickenmixture. Roll up. Arrange rols in 9 by 13 pan. Pour remaining s
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:28 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Sorry, ran out of room.

Bake uncovered at 350 for 25minutes.

This ones a big hit at my house. I usually make it after Thanksgiving when I have a lot of leftover turkey to use up. I serve it with salsa, tomatoes, and guacamole, evenif those aren't traditional enchilada toppings.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:29 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• MMmmm crockpot in a jar of salsa.

Shred when shreddable

Voila!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:32 PM on Mar. 21, 2013