Relief for Vulva Varicose Veins

I went to the doctor today and he said I had bad varicose veins on my vulva he said they would go away on their own and for now to avoid wooden benches or hard surfaces to sit on. Is there anything out there I can do for relief? Personally, didn't even knew I had them, just that I was uncomfortable and that is was part of pregnancy. I took a look down there with a mirror and I have huge rope like veins on either side of my privates, freaked me out. I have 4 weeks to go before birth, is there anything I can do to prevent this from getting worse.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I dont know about preventing them, but my doctor told me to put i warm, not hot wash cloth on them and it will help them not hurt or be so uncomfortable, i put a towel there before i got to bed, really helps!
    jparker289

Answer by jparker289 at 12:55 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I have them too : (. Dr. just advised me to keep my feet/pelvis up for 10 minutes every hour. There is really no cure for them except delivery.
    sararsara

Answer by sararsara at 1:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2009