Should Child Abusers and Murders be 'protected' under our laws? !!!!

Please take a moment to read this un-believable story....

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read.php?post_id=1397196&posted=1

There is no statue of limitations on Murder, right? These demons are trying to hide behind our laws!

MommasCooCoo

Asked by MommasCooCoo at 12:26 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No I don't think they should be protected. I don't know if there is a statue of limitations or not but the people that abused these boys should be punished.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:33 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• no
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:34 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Wow! That was awful!

While I don't agree that these abusers should have no penalty for what they have done, legally, it would be quite difficult to prove something that happened half a century ago. I'm not referring strictly to this incident, just in general. With this case, however, there are apparently many witnesses and victims.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:35 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Well, yes and no.

I, however, agree with Dustermommy. It's hard to prove something happened 50 years ago. I didn't see anything in what the victims wanted that seemed unreasonable, tho. Better supervision, DUH!

What horrible monsters. I personally feel that anyone that could torture a child should be put to death.

Of course, my own child thinks I'm torturing her right now! She's grounded, so she has to clean up after the dog. . . From the looks I'm getting you'd think I was attempting to kill her. . .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:54 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Believe it or not, some of these atrosities still exist in the system today. We throw children in adult prisons and they are expected to survive that abusive system. This particular article was about a children's facility but either way our children are being abused and murdered and pushed to suicide bc conditions are so bad in some places that they cannot tolerate it. No human should endure what many have had to go through. I certainly support whatever punishment these perpetrators of violence on children get. They will probably get a Get out of Jail Free card on all but the murders. There is no statute of limitations on that. Did you hear the audacity in the Warden's tone when he gave the interview? I hope the state throws the book at him and everyone involved and hope God's vengence for the children is wrathful. It makes me ashamed to live in FL but I know it goes on/went on in other states as well.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:34 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Child abusers and murders need soles of boots punched through thier f'in front teeth!

Well, at least thats my opinion.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 4:31 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• There is a statute of limitations on rape, but if they can prove they killed kids they have a case. but it will be hard to prove something that happened 50 years ago, that is why we have statutes.
    Anonymous

• Nope i feel that if they are proven 100% they did it we (family of the hurt one) should take them out in a feild and play russian rulet! That is how i feel and my opinion. i know two wrongs dont make a right, but whats to say that if they get out it wouldnt happend again?! and if they murdered they dont deserve to sit in jail and take our tax money and basiclly get a free ride...because it may not be great and i would imagine its a horrible place but its a place to lay their head, eat, and stay out of the cold! thats my opinion!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 5:46 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• All citizen's should be protected under our laws, no matter how distasteful the crime. Because, those crimes are EXACTLY why we have the law.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 6:07 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• no murders and rapists should not be protected by our laws... exspec. repeat offenders.... who protected their victims?
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 6:56 PM on Feb. 16, 2009