Is there a way...?

...to block restricted numbers on a cell phone?

Someone keeps calling DH's cell from a restricted number and doesn't say anything when he answers. All he hears is a TV, or something like that, in the background. It's been going on for a few days...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• call your phone company and ask them if they are able to have your phone block numbers. my old phone service (cricket) didnt have that option so i had to change my phone number, first they wanted me to pay to change the number and i said no im not paying for it either you do or you lose me as a customer... lol they paid for it :D
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:28 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• DH has Cricket also...it would really suck if he had to change his number since he uses it for work, and it's basically the number for his business...
    DH is hesitant about doing anything about the calls, but I'm starting to feel harassed...
    Anonymous

• cell phone companies don't block numbers.. at least not mine.. the only thing you can do (what I was told by the cell co) is report it as harassment to the police. they can get a court order to unblock the number from the phone co and find out who is doing this. Then you can proceed to get them in trouble or even get a restraining order if need be. Good luck!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 12:32 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Call your phone company. There is an option to not accept blocked calls:)

I know this, because I used to block calls when I was doing surveys for college from my personal phone. When I would block the calls by pressing *67 some calls would not go through unless I let the receiver see my number.
    Anonymous