How many times a day does your 6 1/2 months old eat baby food?? My son is eating 3 times per day but i feel like i am forcing him at times.

SuzannaJ

Asked by SuzannaJ at 12:26 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son just turned 7 months. He eats 2-3 times/day a couple tablespoons each time

If your son isn't interested in eating then don't force it, you want eating to be a positive thing. And his breastmilk or formula should be the most important part of his diet. Food at this point is only for practice not nutrition... so if he doesn't want it at all he doesn't need to eat.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:36 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Well mine is eating 3x a day and its like she doesnt want to stop at one jar at each feeding, she wants more but I feel like Im over feeding her if I give her more, she doesnt have much interest in bottles lately its like she only wants food! So Im not real sure but for awhile I only fed her the babyfood 2x a day, either breakfast and supper or luch and supper until she showed more interest then I added the third meal. So if yours isnt showing interest I would say just try the 2x a day.
    christil567

Answer by christil567 at 12:38 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• DD is 7 months and eats 2x a day. She usually eats a jar of baby food, occasionally if she seems really hungry I'll give her more. It depends on the child, but you want to make sure that he's getting enough formula/breastmilk too.. I believe the recommended amount is 24oz per day. Try the bottle/breast first to make sure he's getting his good nutrition, and then whatever he'll eat of baby food!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 12:42 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• my son is 8 months old and he eats small bits of whatever we eat, whenever we eat.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 12:52 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• my son has been eating 3x a day since he was 4 months old. and believe me or not he eats the entire rice cereal in a half of the adult bowl in every feeding...plus! 8 oz. of milk per feeding. yea...he eats a lot...he weighs 22 lbs. at 6 months...the nurse said that he should only be eating 2x a day with only 2tbsp. of rice cereal or any baby food. if your son likes to eat...let him eat...if he doesn't and you are forcing it on him? then make less food or feed him less. hope this helps...you're not the only one who has a baby who eats like there is no tomorrow. :)
    rgie_wermager

Answer by rgie_wermager at 1:06 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• If you feel like you are forcing him then back off a bit, no matter how old he is or how much someone else's baby of the same age eats. Watch for his signals that he doesn't want it or has had enough and also watch for him to tell you he wants more.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 1:47 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• breastmilk or formula should be the main source of nutrition for the first year. you're giving him the solids to practice and supplement. don't force him to eat any certain amount. you can keep on doing three times a day, but only as much as he wants, and don't overdo it.
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 11:24 PM on Feb. 18, 2009