Heavy Implantation Bleeding? adult content

I have read that IB is supposed to be very light i.e. pinkish or brownsh. But this morning I woke to discover that I had bright red blood. A few hours later its still light(unlike a period) when I use the restroom. Now,the dpo timing is right. I'm not due for AF until a week from today. What do y'all think? Have you had an experience like this? Sorry if this is tmi, ill be marking it as such....

SillyMomma

Asked by SillyMomma at 10:53 AM on Mar. 21, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• I've never heard of implantation bleeding being so heavy. Have you had a BFP already?
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 11:04 AM on Mar. 21, 2013

• The implantation bleeding I had with my first was at the time my period should have been and it was like a light period (lasted about two days with very light bleeding). Didn't get it with the second.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:08 AM on Mar. 21, 2013

• I have never heard of anyone I know having implantation bleeding. Before I came to Cafemom, I never knew such thing existed.... So, I think it's your period.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:09 AM on Mar. 21, 2013

• at first my doc said my bleeding was implantation (it was light and brown, sometimes pink if i was using the bathroom)
    then few days later, i had red and heavy
    a different doc did an external scan, i had 100% placenta previa

call up your doc, and get an external scan

not due for another week- i would bet not implantation
    but to be sure not implantation or something else
    i would call your doc and go in for pregnancy test, if positive then ask for an external scan

if you are bleeding red and heavy AND are pregnant- NO INTERNAL EXAM until an external scan can rule out placenta issues

good luck
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:30 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• I am like ma-av. I never heard or had implantation's bleeding tell I came on cafe mom. Had 2 full pregnancies and a late miscarriage.

Answer by louise2 at 2:24 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Wel its too early to take a HPT so no, no BFP yet..... Its the end of the day and nothing there when I use the restroom sooooo? Dont know that it has anything to do with it but I got car sick today(which I usually dont) but didn't toss my cookies, luckily... Ill keep y'all posted. I'm going to make an apt here after next week. As I am going to take an HPT first.
    SillyMomma

Comment by SillyMomma (original poster) at 9:15 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• I'm with m-avi.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:58 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Low grade neausea today, now more so!
    SillyMomma

Comment by SillyMomma (original poster) at 5:48 PM on Mar. 22, 2013