is it really going to hurt like that!!?

i get induced tonight and had an appt this morning i went to it and when i get checked he said he had to use 2 fingers, (idk why) and he did and it hurt SOOO bad that i could have cried and my leg like FLUNG forward. its never hurt like this EVER before. he said the nurses at the hospital will use 2 fingers too and it will hurt like that but towards the end it wont hurt as much.... so my question is, when you were in labor and got checked down there did it hurt bad like this?????

if you didnt get checked because you decided not to, this question doesnt apply to you. thanks ladies!!

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:27 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Were they checking to see how dilated you were? If so, they checked me at my doctors appt. a few days ago. My doctor also used 2 fingers, and it hurt like hell! He just kept pushing and pushing !!!
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 12:29 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I think it depends on who is checking you. When my doctor checked me it hurt like hell because he had a little bit bigger hands, but when the nurses checked me it was just uncomfortable.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:29 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• yeah but he was seeing if i was dilated (still not btw lol) but hes checked me before to see and its nEVER hurt like it did this morning.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:31 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• yes with my first when they kept coming in too check me it hurt like hell not something i look forward too again lol good luck
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 12:48 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• when they check you it does hurt ALOT but they are just seeing how far along you are. this is a very crucial step b/c if your not progressing like you should be then theres a problem. for 3 wks beffore my due date i was dialated 2 CM and thinned out 70 % so when i went into labor i went from 3 cm to 10 cm in like an hour.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 1:00 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• it didn't hurt for it felt like alot of pressure
    JNE90

Answer by JNE90 at 1:01 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• its gonna hurt...the more you dilate the more its gonna hurt.If you want the ipudural I would get that( if you can) before he breaks your water or right after.
    Anonymous

• It hurt really bad when my Dr and nurses checked me.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 2:29 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Yep it hurt like hell
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't allow them to check me until I was well into labor. It isn't really needed.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 3:18 PM on Feb. 16, 2009