Could it be my kidney?

I am on my period so i don't know if it could be that but my lower left back is throbbing with pain. I can't move with out it hurting so much. I haven't done any crazy activity that would hurt me either.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Mar. 21, 2013 in Health

• try taking your fist and lightly beating you own back around about the kidney area. IF that causes pain or discomfort then I'd go see a doctor. That's how the doc has checked for kidney infection in me before - lightly beat over the kidney and asked if that caused any discomfort. I said, "yes" she said, "you came in just in time. You have a kidney infection that had you waited another day may have landed you in the hospital.
    That was YEARS ago, but I'm sure it's the same now
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 11:22 AM on Mar. 21, 2013

• It's possible, although the kidneys are actually higher up than most people think. It's worth talking to a doctor about.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:02 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• How low? Like by your hip? Or up by your rib?

Answer by louise2 at 2:15 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Above my hip below my ribs. Im freezing even tho its warm and im extremely lightheaded.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:08 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• It could be the flu. That causes extreme body aches and pains, fever, etc....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:18 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Have you had kidney issues before? Do you know how it feels already?

Answer by louise2 at 3:23 PM on Mar. 21, 2013