how much is too much to spend on a 3 yr olds b-day party?

ok so my DD is turning 3 and since her daddy is overseas and won't be home i want to do something special, but how much is too much to spend on a party? i wa thinking of spending like 50$ just on the party and getting her like a few new outfits w/ shoes and all..is this a good idea? does anyone have any other b-day ideas for a 3 yr old lil girl?

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 12:30 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I agree I have a hard time keeping the party at $50 because of the paper products and food. I have had parties at home in the basement and it is not much cheaper than going to chuck e cheese and I don't have to clean before and after!! I wish my daughter would pick somewhere besides home to have a party. It saves to make the cake and buy solid food plates at walmart instead of all character plates. I usually only buy character cake plates.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:45 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• $50 isnt much to spend at all so I think thats fine. I spend around $150-$200 on each of my kids parties plus presents.

Answer by gemgem at 12:32 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• i just ordered my sons party pack and favors online last night and spent 70 bucs. the cake will prolly be 30ish and then 50-100 for actual gifts....

so ya 150-200dollars. I know it sounds like alot but things really add up these days!
    even the "now" toys are pricey.

BUT to go really cheap you could check out the dollar tree/everythings a doller stores for your plates n stuff.
    lenaxox

Answer by lenaxox at 1:45 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• depends on your budget.
    youngs_wifey05

Answer by youngs_wifey05 at 3:07 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I agree it depends very much on what you want to spend. If you can do everything you want to do on $50 then that is great! I think I ended up spending 150 on my sons last party with cake, themed paper ware, themed banner, punch and goodies. Next year we are gonna skip the party all together and just have family come by for cake!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:12 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I have to do 3 parties (split families, two parties on my side, one on my husband's) I spend about $200 on each and an extra $100 for the friend party. This year I am going through Swim America. My son's birthday is in June!
    rimom05

Answer by rimom05 at 10:29 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Thats not a lot at all- I've talked to parents who easily spend 500 on their kid's party. It just depends how much you want to spend. This year dd turns 4 and we'll probably spend the most so far, since we will be inviting everyone in her preschool class.
    abigail824

Answer by abigail824 at 5:44 PM on Feb. 17, 2009