I cant figure out how much and how often to feed my 6 1/2 month old now thats shes eating baby food. Its like she has no interest in bottles anymore???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Give her a bottle first, before food. Formula/Breastmilk should still be her main source of nourishment until around a year old. Give the bottle, and afterword offer some food.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:37 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• you may want to try feeding the bottle before solids if she's not wanting to take the bottle after. My daughter is 7 months, and she still loves her bottle, but won't take it for about 1/2 hour after eating baby food. Try spacing it out a bit.. give her a little time in between the bottle and the food and see if her appetite picks up any. Otherwise, just make sure shes getting the recommended 24 oz of 'milk' a day. You can also either cut back how much food you give her or how often.. HTH!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 12:37 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• She needs to drink his breastmilk or formula. If she won't take it in a bottle then give it in a cup or sippy cup. She should be taking about 20 oz at least in a day. Always give milk before food... and I would cut out the food if she won't drink well anymore.

As far as food- My son takes about 6-8 tablespoons of food in a day. He eats 2-3 times/day and gets 2-3 tablespoons each time.

Food at this age is for practice, not nutrition. They aren't good enough eaters and able to have enough foods at this age to replace milk or formula.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:42 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• my son has been eating 3x a day since he was 4 months old. and believe me or not he eats the entire rice cereal in a half of the adult bowl in every feeding...plus! 8 oz. of milk per feeding. yea...he eats a lot...he weighs 22 lbs. at 6 months...the nurse said that he should only be eating 2x a day with only 2tbsp. of rice cereal or any baby food. if your daughter likes to eat...let her eat...if she doesn't and you're forcing it on her? then make less food or feed her less. hope this helps...you're not the only one who has a baby who eats like there is no tomorrow. :)
    rgie_wermager

Answer by rgie_wermager at 1:08 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I have a daily meal plan that I recieved from WIC, with the following:

Early Morning:
    Breastfeed or 6 to 8oz formula

Mid Morning:
    4 tablespoons prepared baby cereal
    4 tablespoons pureed fruit OR 2 to 4oz fruit juice.

Noon Meal:
    breastfeed or 6 to 8 oz formula
    4 tablespoons veggies
    1to 3 tablespoons meat.

Mid Afternoon:
    6 to 8ozbottle

Evening Meal:
    4 tablespoons veggies
    1 to 3 tablespoons meat
    4 tablespoons of fruit

Before Bedtime:
    breastfeed or 6 to 8 oz formula.

This is the meal plan for babies 6 to 8 months. I have a 11 month old, and having meals planned around the same time everyday helps out a lot! Hope this was some help!
    Willow7

Answer by Willow7 at 4:12 PM on Feb. 16, 2009