I would love to marry again been single most of my life

Hi iam 48 single most of my life i was married for only 3 yrs so i know what it is to be alone and i do know myself, i have tried eharmony and match.com nothing is working i am leaving it up to god now, it gets lonley i want a family life etc i have friends i was a life partner and a home etc pray i get that ok

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• When you say "nothing is working" do you mean the guys you meet are duds or what?

God does help those who help themselves so you can't just completely give up here!

If you find a passion, a hobby that you love, something that excites you - maybe that is the way to meet a partner!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 1:01 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• One thing I learned is that it wont happen on our time or when we want it...Its when GOD wants it to happen. Those sites are good for meeting people in general. Dont go to them in hopes of meeting "the one". Only GOD can send you your King. We are in the same boat and I feel the same way. It gets lonely and I try to fulfill my time with family and doing something to better myself.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 1:10 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Does your church have a singles group? Or another local church? God will show you the way and one for you.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 1:33 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Well like most you can't stop looking and expect god to drop Mr. Right in your lap. If you aren't out there on the scene you don't meet anyone. I really don't know what kind of advice to offer at this point. Well I do, but I am not stupid enough to post it here. Don't want a war with the holy rollers today. LOL All things take time. Bring out your yellow colors for spring and just put yourself on the market.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:13 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Oh there is a website for christian singles. They always advertise on my e-mail homepage. You can try typing it into your browser and check them out.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:14 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• It's my understanding that we're to speak THE WORD of God since HE says His words will not return void. FInd the scripture that meets your needs about marriage and speak it out loud and receive by faith then thank God for it and wait for the manifestation.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:57 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I totally understand! I was single for 7 years. I said "Lord, you'll have to slap me upside the head and let me know with a neon sign, this is the one, before I'd ever get married again". LOL Honestly! I do so agree with Wimsey!! Go out and join groups that you are interested in. I tried ball room dancing, honestly, it was hot! =D God helps those who help themselves, so put yourself out there in the right forums, your interests, and see what happens. It is only in God's timing as VaDivaMom says, and sometimes it isn't who we thought at all that it would be! Pray for all of the attributes you want in a man and ask God for him to come forth. Just be sure to list them in particular, when I was doing that I forgot to ask for a man with a head full of hair! LOL! God is quite literal actually! Amen to admckenzie! God spoke into existence our very being, do the same with your future hubby! =D

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 6:42 PM on Feb. 16, 2009