How do I know if my relationships over?

Lately my boyfriend and I have been arrguing about everything. Because I feel he isn't putting any effort in our relationship. He stoped trying to make things work he has gotten really lazy and doesnt help with the kids anymore! This weekend I took my kids with me to my moms thinking that maybe he needed a break! But when I got home he didn't say anything to me he totally ignored our kids! and it's now the next morning and he still hasn't tryed to talk to me or anything! he has just been hanging out in the upstairs loft! I don't know what to do I am running out of Ideas on ways to help! I need some advice.

A mother in need.

loveablemomm129

Asked by loveablemomm129 at 12:37 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• Try having a serious conversation with him when the kids are napping or in bed for the night.
    Tell him you've noticed him acting differently, and ask him what is wrong..
    Anonymous

• i agree w/ the pp talk to him i know its hard but its really the only way
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 12:48 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• MAYBE U NEEDTO HAVE HIM C HE HAS SOME RESPONBIBLLITIES AROUND THE HOUSE TOO. U SAY HIS KIDS & REFER TO HM AS YR BF SO HE MAY THINK HE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SOME OF THE CARE AND CONCERN THAT GOES INTO PARENTING BECAUSE U R NOT MARRIED. R U IN A COMMITTED RELATIONSHIP? I WOULD TRY TO TALK IT OUT WITH HIM WHEN U CAN B ALONE WITHOUT THE KIDS. HE MAY HAVE SOMETHING ON HIS MIND OR NOT REALIZE U WERE TRYING TO GV HIM WHAT I BET U WISH HE WOULD GV U-- AN AFTERNOON OFF? ANYWAY, IF THAT DOESNT WORK MAYBE HE DOESNT WANT TO CONTINUE IF HE HAS STOPPED HELPING OUT& IS NOT INTERESTED. ITS HARD TO SAY WITHOUT ASKING HIM WHAT IS ON HIS MIND.
    IF HE FEELS LEFT OUT THEN U NEED TO EXPLAIN. IF NOT HE DOES. ITS THE ONLY WAY TO C WHERE U R GOING. THE REST IS ALL JUST GUESSING WHAT HE MAY OR MAY NOT B FEELING. DONT LET HIM B LAZY. HE NEEDS TO PARTICIPATE, EXPLAIN Y HE ISNT &GET IT TOGETHER WITH A DATE 4 IMPROVEMENT OR U NEED 2 MOVE ON.GL
    emily1234

Answer by emily1234 at 1:54 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• go to counseling
    rgie_wermager

Answer by rgie_wermager at 1:56 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Just ask him what he wants in the relationship and what he expects from you. Then you tell him what you expect from him. If you can't agree then you may have to consider leaving (or him leaving).

Answer by admckenzie at 2:26 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• It sounds like you are wanting more from him than he is willing to give you. It sounds like you want to act like a family, and he enjoys being a single man. This is probably no different than it's ever been. It's just that now that you have two children to care for, your life has suddenly become a lot harder while his has remained exactly the same. Whether or not the relationship is over probably has a lot to do with just how much or how little you are willing to tolerate. The truth is you have no power to make him any different than he is today. The only hope you have is if he decides to take responsibility for the family he has made with you. I'm sorry to say that talking to him or pleading with him probably won't make any difference at all. He knows what you want from him, but he also knows he does not have to give it to you. I am truly sorry that you and your children find yourselves in this predicament.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:42 PM on Feb. 16, 2009