Is it true that you are more likely to have twins after a miscarriage?

I just had a miscarriage and several people have told me that I will get pregnant very easily after and that I have a good chance of having twins next time. Has anyone had this happen?

Katieasmom

Asked by Katieasmom at 12:38 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• old wives tale. It is not any more likely than if you had not had a miscarriage. (so sorry about your loss!)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:39 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I had a miscarriage in august & I'm still not pregnant again.
    Anonymous

• I'm so sorry about your loss. I can't imagine how hard that must be for you.

As for the twins myth... it's just a myth. Yes, you are more fertile after being pregnant and are more likely to get pregnant in the months after delivery than a year after delivery but the odds of twins holds steady.
    The odds for identical twins is fairly constant for everyone in the population, regardless of family history, age, or race.
    The odds for faternal twins varies based on history of them in your family (not his), if you've had a set already, your age, and your race.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:44 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• thats not true i asked my doc this when i lost my baby n was ttc she said no.so i dont think so.
    mommyny6

Answer by mommyny6 at 12:45 PM on Feb. 16, 2009