Headache

6 year old DD woke up this morning with a headache. She was at my friends for a sleep over with her DD. She gave her some tylenol and she puked a little later. I think it's because of her cold and her sunuses draining. I gave her more tylenol later and she kept it down but keeps saying her head still hurts. She's been laying down all day and is eating some soup now to see if that helps, but what else can I do for her to help her head?

Sammieanne

Asked by Sammieanne at 12:39 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• humidifior, plenty of liquids, encourage blowing her nose, steam the bathroom decongestants...
    Does she have a fever??? If her head continues to hurt by tom. I would call the ped though b/c headaches can also be other things
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 9:01 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Headaches can be for numerous reasons - toxins that are in cooked foods, dehydration, stress etc.

Make sure she has plenty of water and encourage her to eat fruit.

Letting her rest is really great like you are doing as well.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 1:06 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I stick a can of pop in the freezer, let it get good and cold (can be anywhere from 20-50 mins depending on your freezer, it will be less time if you stick it in the ice maker tray though) and then put it on my forehead when I have a headache. You could give that a try.
    Anonymous

• It could Be Lack of cafenine, some kids get addicted to it and without it get headches, My neighbor had to wean her 8yr. old of it by giving a small amt everyday to get rid of the headaches But the child was raiding the fridge an was drinking way to many
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I don't give my kids caffine. It turned out to be some sort of flue because later that evening she was throwing up, she's good now though so thanks girls!
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 7:11 PM on Feb. 20, 2009