Do you cough up... adult content

mucus after eating? I've noticed lately that I when I'm done eating I cough and some mucus comes up and I'll need to spit.  i'm not sick or congested and it's not bloody or yellow or anything. does this happen to anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Mar. 21, 2013 in Health

• Expelling mucus is your body's way of carrying the infection out of your body. I have issues with asthma and allergies, so yeah, it's something I have most of the time. Nothing to be alarmed unless it's yellow, green, or brownish in color. Also, the tenacity shouldn't be too thick.... (LOL, I know you all wanted to hear that)

(Ex. Respiratory person here...)
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Do you have allergies? Maybe it's something to do with that?
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 1:11 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• No, but that really doesn't sound normal. Something in there is causing an overproduction of mucus.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:18 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• No,  unless I am sick with an upper respiratory or sinus infection with a post nasal drip.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:37 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• I do from time to time, because I have a constricted esophagus. Eating more slowly, and also not eating too many fried foods, can help with this.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:49 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• good to know, thanks
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:40 PM on Mar. 21, 2013