Will my arrest show up on my record?

I haven't gone to court yet, it's in April. It's a misdemeanor.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Mar. 21, 2013 in General Parenting

• Yes. But it will be updated to reflect the outcome.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:48 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Yes, it will. Even if it's determined you're not guilty, it'll still show. It will show you were found not guilty, but it will still show you were once arrested and charged with _______.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:49 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Not if you were a juvenile when you committed the crime. Juveniles records are sealed.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Yes. It will show in your credit report too.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Why in the hell would it show up on a credit report?!?

This is bullshit! The arrest will be dismissed but I need a job before then.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:05 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• I think it all depends what it is for?
    and i assume the state you are in.

I had arrest,it was going to be for domestic, I spoke to the district attorney before the court date and explained the situation.
    The DA suggested that it be changed to disorderly. I then went to court before a judge, judge mentioned what DA said, I paid a fine and it is not on my record now. It was for a month or so, long enough for paperwork to go through the courts.
    I think me chatting with D.A. before court and explaining what the real situation was what helped, I can only assume he made it go away.

good luck with the job search and with court
    Anonymous

• * mine situation was an abusive husband, and I was the one that called the police, but when they arrived, I was too scared to tell police the situation, and they HAVE to take someone in (in my state), so I got a night in jail. * funny, it was horrible of course, but first night in a very long time that I felt safe.

hope yours gets resolved too
    Anonymous

• It's sad that spending a night in jail was the first time in a while that you'd felt safe. Good luck with the job search, and I hope that abusive relationship is a sad but ended part of your past, and that you'll know what to look for so you can have something better next time.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:47 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• the relationship has long ago ended with divorce, he raped me that is why i could not tell the police.
    I did not even tell the DA that, but he saw the bruises on my arms.
    -------------------------

OP
    what was your arrest for? and what state?

Anonymous

• yes unless it is dismissed.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:46 PM on Mar. 21, 2013