Presidents Day: Would George Washington be offended that his b-day is now just one big mattress sale???

How do you celebrate Presidents Day? Seems like it's just one big blow out for the mattress companies (at least if you listen to the radio!) I'm going to show my kids this site (http://www.mountvernon.org/) instead of dragging them to "Sleep Train, your ticket to a better nights sleep!"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBrSgyPgwYg&feature=related 44 Presidents with patriotic music!
    Anonymous

• Hah, no. Just hand him a joint, he'll be fine :P
    Anonymous

• I think Washington would be offended that his birthday was a holiday to begin with
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:50 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• He would adored a new mattress.

Plus, he would appreciated the boost in the economy and being remembered is always nice.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 12:51 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I guess I dont see the mattress sales LOL but I did celebrate by buying the kids a trampoline. I mean, considering our sitting president is going to trample whats left of the nation. I figured it was fitting.
    Anonymous

• I think Washington and the rest of the founding fathers wouldnt care as much about the mattress sale as they would with whats going on with the country now compared to when they set it up.

Answer by gemgem at 1:07 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Considering the amount of illegitmate children he had, I say matress sales are a fitting tribute.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 1:17 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I doubt he would care.
    Anonymous

• I agree with NotPanicking.

I think all the presidents who are "honored" with a holiday would be offended or annoyed by it. They would think it isnt necessary and the gov't SHOULD have to work since so much needs to be done LOL.

In reality most of the holidays are just days to get paid to goof off. Sometimes I wonder why we even "celebrate" them when in reality most dont do anything other than goof off or go hit sales if they seem good enough.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 2:14 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• our state's employees have the day off, our county employees do not.
    however, county employees were given the option of taking the day off without pay, of course(even if they had paid leave saved up) in order for the county to save money.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 2:27 PM on Feb. 16, 2009