What are some Easter basket fillers ideas?

sherryb724

Asked by sherryb724 at 1:24 PM on Mar. 21, 2013 in Holidays

• Write a little 5 minute filler on a piece of paper and place it in a plastic egg. Open one each day or whenever you have 5 minutes. Ex: Name things that begin with b (hence bunny). Name things that hop. Name animals that have fur. Name your favorite candy. etc.
    nownbey

Answer by nownbey at 10:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• This might be weird, but Menards has Lava Lamps for just $5.99 each. I bought the granddaughters each one for Easter this year. The cool thing is, they have a rebate for $4.99. So, in essence, you pay $1.00 each.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:17 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Mine are really into yogurt raisins right now. Depending on the age, chalk, balloons, and bubbles are always a hit.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:04 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Depends on age of child
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:56 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Our tradition has always been the biggest box of crayons they make, coloring books and puzzle books.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:50 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:49 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• I usually try to put a couple of books in. Last year, it was a Dora the Explorer Easter egg hunt book and a coloring book. Often a small stuffed animal, then things like bubbles, stickers, or new crayons. I put candy in plastic eggs and hide them in fairly easy places throughout the house for my daughter to find and add to the basket, but I try to make it not all about candy. I want to find some good maze books this year, since she's really into mazes right now, and I bought a personalized book in which animals bring letters to spell out her first, middle, and last name.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:42 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• bubbles,sidewalk chalk,crayons,coloring books,Easter related books,Cars,Easter Barbie,Stickers,
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 1:28 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• i usually go by the $1 section of Target or a dollar store and buy things the kids will like.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:26 PM on Mar. 21, 2013