The Walking Dead fans.... New viewer here and I have a question...

I started watching Season One, Episode One yesterday.... got through Episode Three before going to bed last night. I am starting again in a minute... However, maybe I'm overthinking this whole thing, but I have a question...

Why do they "have to eat"? They are dead, correct? I can understand eating something that comes into their area, but the guy at the camp said they are going out of the city to find food.... Why?? Help, it's bugging me....

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 2:29 PM on Mar. 21, 2013 in Entertainment

• Hunger is the only thing zombies feel. And yes you are way overthinking this! LOL
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 2:52 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• They don't HAVE to eat. They'll survive indefinitely without food, but hunger is the only thing a zombie thinks about.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:55 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• I don't know. good question. it's not like they need to do it to spread the virus
    Maybe to make it suspenseful? lol

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:32 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• I'm bothered by the fact that they're not affected by the weather and seasons. Obviously it's hot as Hades there,but the zombies are solid,for the most part. And why didn't they freeze in place in winter,and turn to mush in spring?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:59 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• You'll find out from the Scientist at the CDC. He explains a bit about what's going on.

My questions is if they eat, they must digest the 'food' as well- or their stomachs would explode, so how it THAT happening if they only have minimal brain function? If they're digesting food, they must be taking a pee and a poop and yet you never see them squating to piss or walking around with dookie running down their legs.

I think I look into things to much intsead of just sitting back and enjoying them! lol.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 3:01 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• It's just what zombies DO...I guess

I mean if they didn't need to eat- what would all the fear be for! We would have no zombies movies or shows ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:50 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• *Oh, and we just started watching it a couple weeks ago. Just finished season 2 last night!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:51 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• I asked my daughter because she got me involved, but she told me to be quiet, I was overthinking the show....LOL!
    m-avi

Comment by m-avi (original poster) at 2:34 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Oh, Okay thanks kmath! I was kinda confused.....
    m-avi

Comment by m-avi (original poster) at 2:55 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• LOL, I'm glad I am not the only one to think about these things!!
    m-avi

Comment by m-avi (original poster) at 3:11 PM on Mar. 21, 2013