When was the last time you had...

Roasted cauliflower?

I cut up a head of cauliflower, (basically 25 seconds of blindly stabbing it with a knife while I directed the kids to do this, that, this, that), put olive oil on it and shoved it in the oven for half an hour while I cooked dinner.

No salt, no pepper, nothing. It was DELICIOUS.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 2:30 PM on Mar. 21, 2013 in Food & Drink

• A few weeks ago.. I LOVE IT! My favorite is with olive oil, salt, pepper, and smoked gouda chopped up real small and tossed into it.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 2:32 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Wow, never tried it. I'd like to, but I get tired of fighting the "eeew, it's green!" protests at my house when I put veggies in front of my family, Daddy included. *Sigh.*
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• It's okay Ballad, Cauliflower is white! And if you smother it with cheddar cheese they will probably eat it :)
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 2:35 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• I've never had it that way. I will have to try it. My husband would love it!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:40 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Never had it that way either. Might have to try! My "boys" love veggies.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 2:44 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• never but a recipe popped up in my email ...marinade the raw chopped cauliflower is a olive oil Asian inspired marinade for an hour or so the roast .Serve with a Satay peanut sauce.Not sure if my teens would love this as an entree but going to try it as a side.If it is good I will probably fix it as an entree for me hmmmm if I fixed it with some lo mein type noodles or fried rice it might even appeal to my guys as an entree.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 2:45 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Never had it before.

Answer by louise2 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Maybe 2 weeks ago. yummy
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:44 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Never, but it's on sale this week for cheap so I was thinking of trying it. My kids prefer raw cauliflower over cooked so we'll see!
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 4:35 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• It's been awhile because my DH dislike cauliflower(or any veggie for that matter beside mixed green Giant-GAG) but because of you I had naughty "Manwich" thanks Staci. :D
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 6:52 PM on Mar. 21, 2013