Shaking off the blues?

Okay, let me first say that I've taken antidepressants long term, but this isn't an issue of depression or hating my life or anything serious like that. I just feel blah.

So how do you all pick yourselves up out of the dumps when you get into that rut where every day feels the same? When everything you can think of to fix for dinner is boring, and you've cleaned and your house is its usual cluttery self, and you're tired of your job and the same old activities with your kids, and you want to do nothing but plop your ass in a recliner and listen to the radio? I hate being like this! Or maybe nobody else gets this way and I'm just crazy in the head?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 3:05 PM on Mar. 21, 2013 in Health

• Is the weather bad where you are Ballad? I get like that at this time of the year because I can't get out. I think getting out of the house every day would be good for you. Can you take a walk, go window shopping or even a drive? If not, how about simply redoing pillows, rugs or curtains in your home or rearranging furniture? Maybe you could take just 30 minutes a day to sit in a room, listen to some music and just have alone time???
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:09 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Shopping always does it for me

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:15 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• I'm in that rut all the time.

BAH HUMBUG!

Exercise.

I need to hold myself more accountable for my life, I'm wasting it doing nothing.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:37 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• I've been stuck in the house all week because we've had terrible wind, which is hard for me to tolerate.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 3:36 PM on Mar. 21, 2013