Mhmkay! Maybe I'm just thinking too hard?

My boyfriend always suggests things for me to do. Like how to wear my hair, how long for my nails to be, getting me black rectangle glasses, ETC!

Well today; out of boredom. I decided to fAcebook his ex. Don't judge me. Haha. And I noticed something looking through her pictures. He loved my hair crimped. Hers was crimped. He bought me black glasses, she had those on. He likes my nails long, she had long nails. She wore big sunglasses, he wants me to buy some. ETC! There's another thing or two, but I can't exactly remember what.

Basically. Is he tying to make me like her? Does he miss her or something?
We don't resemble. But still.... What made a little nauseous was when I saw the glasses she was wearing. Similar to the ones he bought me!!! Am I over thinking this or what?!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Mar. 21, 2013 in Relationships

• Ruh Roh!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:34 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• dress yourself, fix your hair the way YOU like and don't ask for his opinion, if he loves you for you then all that shit won't matter. or....go back to your little high school life and stop bothering the adults with your shit.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:35 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• You might as well come out and ask him because if you don't, this stuff will bug you and start giving you doubts.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:39 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• I'm sure if I ask, he will just deny it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:41 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Now you know. What he is doing. Everything he suggest you wear, or do to yourself. Do not do.  Do what you want.

Answer by louise2 at 3:43 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• What he suggests though, I never had a problem with. I loved the glasses, my
    Nail does look better long, my hair looked great crimped.

Im more worried about.... Is this a healthy thing in a new relationship?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:47 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Sorry Anon, but that's just freakin weird. Why would you let anyone have that much control over your appearance?
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:50 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• You don't know that's actually her style, do you? It could be evidence of his influence! lol
    Maybe it's not that he's trying to make you resemble HER, but that he likes a certain style & likes to introduce elements he finds appealing in a woman. Or maybe he thought her style was amazing & it's a reference point for him.
    Go with what you like & are comfortable with. See how it goes.
    Why did he buy you glasses? (Do you wear prescription lenses?) Did he take the initiative to purchase frames without your input, knowledge or approval? Or are they plain glass & supposed to be a fashion accessory?
    Just let him know if you are not really into "wearing glasses" just because he likes the look. There is nothing wrong with liking the look (and it doesn't mean/prove he's hung up on someone who wears glasses like that.) But if you don't feel enthused about adapting in these particular ways, just acknowledge that. See how it goes.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 3:50 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Okay guys! He doesn't control the way I dress lol!!
    He just makes little suggestions. He would tell me what he likes. He wouldn't force me or anything.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:53 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• GirlwithC, you would be right. Maybe he just likes the style on woman, period.
    For all I know, he probably influenced her to do it?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:56 PM on Mar. 21, 2013