multicystic displastic kidney

i have been diagnosed with mcdk wich is basically multiple cysts on a kidney im having a boy and they say its only one kidney and its on the left one but with this my child can never play any contact sports or be very active has any one else ever been diagnosed with this if so please comment or if you know of this disease please comment also it is said to be not curable but surgery is available let me know if you know anythig about mcdk

babygirl41786

Asked by babygirl41786 at 12:51 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Health

• My daughter has this. We were never told she could never play contact sports or anything else. They told us she would like eveyone else. She's nine now. They too noticed before she was born. She is a twin. We went to specialist and she goes for check ups. What ended up happening is the kidney shrinks down to basicly nothing. She seems to pee more frequently than others and sometimes wets the bed. She'll continue for checkup until she's 18 they'll know more as she grows into an adult if any surgery is needed. Everytime she goes to the Dr. she has to have her BP checked. If it's high then we have to have tests run to rule out infection. If you have any more questions feel free to email me.
    Shesha

Answer by Shesha at 7:21 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• another thing....you may want to get a second opinion.
    Shesha

Answer by Shesha at 7:22 PM on Feb. 18, 2009