Were your babies planned?

my daughter was an oops,my son was planned

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 21, 2013 in General Parenting

• I'm not sure how to answer. They were all very much wanted, but weird timing.

With my first, we went through all sorts of hormone treatments, IUIs, and a round of IVF before I gave up and went off everything...shortly thereafter, we conceived on our own. So definitely a surprise, but very much a good one!!

With our second, I said I was never going to put myself through all the interventions again, and we went through all the training to foster to adopt. Our license was in the mail when we found out we were pregnant all on our own...WOOHOO...but again, kind of a surprise.

With our third, we figured out we were fertile LOL!! We were actually using contraception, but planned to TTC as soon as our 2 year old was potty trained (a month or two away), but got pregnant. I guess I wouldn't call 2 months early "unplanned" but well, she kind of was LOL!!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:38 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• My son was not planned but not prevented... we decided to let nature takes it course since we heard it can take a healthy couple 6 months to a year to get pregnant... it took 2 months. My daughter was planned and took 7 months to conceive.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:25 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• 1st 2 were not but my youngest was. I couldn't imagine my life without any of them:-)
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 6:29 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• No-But I am not a "planner" type person.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 6:47 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Nope, but they weren't exactly being "prevented against" if you know what I mean. We just kind of threw our hands in the wind and said "Eh, if it happens it happens if not we aren't gong to lose sleep over it". It only took 3 months (and he was gone for about 2 of those due to "work-ups" (aka mini deployments they don't have to pay extra in salaries for).
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:52 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• first was tried for for a few months, second i got off bc to start trying and it mustve happened within a week lol didnt expect it to happen so fast! and third was our surprise baby.. we werent expecting her but we also werent properly preventing so i cant say i was TRULY surprised lol
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 7:01 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• No, but he wasn't exactly a surprise either. We weren't trying to but we both kind of wanted a baby, we just knew it wasn't exactly the right time so we weren't really planning it. But we weren't trying to avoid it either and so it happened. All worked out in the end.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 7:05 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Two of my 5 were planned

Answer by missanc at 7:06 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• My oldest was, my youngest was not.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:34 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Yes, both of my kids were planned.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:09 PM on Mar. 21, 2013