Facebook etiquette

Do you block or delete people so you can talk about them, even knowing what you say will get back to them anyway?

Just trying to understand the drama queen mentality that crops up so often, right up there with vaguebooking. What's the point of starting an "indirect" argument like a game of telephone through a dozen other people instead of just talking to them directly (or saying nothing at all, if it's a petty complaint)?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 6:27 PM on Mar. 21, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I think it's hilarious when people do this, especially when they are nothing but habitual complainers and whiners. Listen folks everytime you talk shit it gets back to the person it's directed at.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 6:29 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• good one!
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 6:30 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Nah. I tend to be one that will tell you what I think of you right to your face.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:31 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• and no, if I am going to post it on FB then I WANT the person to see it and KNOW It is aimed at them.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 6:36 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• I've done the occasional vague post, but that's usually when I just really need to vent, but I don't want to fight with the person because it's just not worth it. But I wouldn't block someone just to talk about them. If I have that much of a problem with them, I'm either going to talk to them directly and tell them what the problem is so we can fix it, or just end the relationship altogether.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 6:37 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• It makes them look worse than the person they are complaining about. It's nothing more than petty passive-aggressive attention whoring.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:42 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• not me...im the kind who defriends somebody for doing that kinda stupid shit. i get it you hate so & so but dont want to actually say you hate her, blah blah blah...grow up! i also HATE HATE HATE vaguebooking and tell my brother so every time he does it. my can response is "dude, if you're having issues & you want somebody to talk to about it just have the guts to ask."
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 6:45 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Damn, I'm too old for that bullshit.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:01 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• I can't stand attention whores! I'll occassionally bitch on my FB wall but, I mention who's upset me (95% of the time, my ex husband). I hate that passive-aggressive (please oh please ask me who pissed me off shit, even though I'm too chicken to directly say who, or to state the whole story for fear I'll look like an ass) shit.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:18 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Most of the ones doing the whining don't have big enough cajones to say it to the person. Passive aggressive bs.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 7:23 PM on Mar. 21, 2013