Too embarrassed to wear swim suit

So no matter far I get in my weight loss journey, I won't be swim suit ready for this summer. I'm mainly concerned about my legs. I have lots of varicose, spider veins & cellulite on my butt and thighs. I was thinking of wearing long board shorts to swim in. I also thought about a sarong, but I would probably just be drawing more attention to myself if I wore one in the water. That and it would get in my way, I'm sure. Does anyone have any advice/suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Mar. 21, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• I would just wear board shorts or a swimsuit with a skirt. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:41 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• There's that old lady on TV that sells that waterproof concealer stuff... You could give it a shot!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:42 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• I have a sarong made of swim suit material that I swim in,sometimes and it dries fast. I try not to worry too much because on the beach someone always will look better than you and someone will always look worse so I got to a point where I'm over it and wear a long sarong when I'm dry and swim in just the suit like everyone else when I'm in the water. : /
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:45 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• No... Sally Hansen makes a great product called Airbrush Legs. It comes in various shades, but trust me, this stuff works! It's also waterproof. I didn't even tan last year because I wore this every single day.

Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:02 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• why not wear a wrap on the bottom half of the bathing suit
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:10 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Hmmm... a wet suit?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:36 AM on Mar. 22, 2013

• There are so many swim dresses out and many people wear them swimming now, at least where I live. Some are made from cotton some are from the same material and a swim suit only it's a cover up. These can easily be worn in the water.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:19 AM on Mar. 22, 2013

• Spray on tans can often hide the cellulite and spider veins... I use it when at the beach and I look pretty good... : )
    Anonymous

• I agree with others, a tan real or fake does wonders to hide lots of nature's boo boos. I very often wear an oversized tank top that extends to my thighs to cover the yuck.The t-shir material covers fast so you can wear it in and it will stretch more. You can also get mix and match swim pieces that are actual shorts and are waterproof to wear with a tank top like suit. Don't forget to accentuate your good parts so people focus on what you want them to see. Don't get too bent about your appearance either. Kids would rather have an active mom with veins building sand castles or splashing with them than barbie caught up sunbathing any day. Choose family beaches where you fit in with the crowd not where the hot bodies go to congregate and you might feel more comfortable with yourself.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 4:14 PM on Apr. 9, 2013