Does this sound right to you?

I looked up my height/weight ratio and I'm not sure.. It doesn't seem right. For 5'4" it says a low weight would be 114 and a target weight would be 133. Am I looking at a chart that's wrong? Should my target weight be 133?

Hollyhock.

Asked by Hollyhock. at 1:07 AM on Mar. 22, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• I never go by those charts. I look at them as a base line.
    We're all built so much different. I'm big boned and at 133, I look anorexic. I'm 5'4 too.
    I weigh between 140-145 and wear size 12.

PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:12 AM on Mar. 22, 2013

• I don't like those charts either. 133 is toooo skinny for me (I'm 5'4 too) I'll be happy with 150. Plus, not that I have any anyway, those charts don't factor muscle mass.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:17 AM on Mar. 22, 2013

• according to those charts I should be dead. I keep hearing about how much lost work productivity fat people cost society. I have not taken one sick day in over 12 years.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 1:27 AM on Mar. 22, 2013

• Would it be unhealthy if someone was below the low weight? I'm trying to figure out if I need to gain some weight to be healthier (I'm thinking yes lol) and trying to figure out how much I should go for.

Hollyhock.

Comment by Hollyhock. (original poster) at 2:18 AM on Mar. 22, 2013

• For my height (5'2"), I look chubby at the upper end of my weight range - I stay in the low/middle of where it says I should be.

Answer by missanc at 5:51 AM on Mar. 22, 2013

• If I remember correctly you are a little double digit lady. Yeah you could use some weight!!

I am 5 4 and 133 lbs on me requires a bit of a pooch and love handles

My ideal would be 120. 114 and I would look like a goddess. But act like a pihrana because I would be starving.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:09 AM on Mar. 22, 2013

• I think the best thing to do is to discuss it with your Dr. If your physician doesn't seem concerned about it then you shouldn't be either.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:26 AM on Mar. 22, 2013

• I guess the question is- do you eat well, and do you feel well. If you do then don't worry about it (unless you want to gain)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:58 AM on Mar. 22, 2013

• post a photo. We'll tell you if you look too skinny :-D
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 12:44 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• I'm not at my normal weight right now. I was at like 115 but I had jaw surgery 2 years ago and I lost weight because I couldn't really eat and I've never been able to gain it back. It never really bothered me before but I'm starting to feel unhealthy. I eat fine. I'm home most of the time so I'm always snacking but I can't gain weight.
    Hollyhock.

Comment by Hollyhock. (original poster) at 1:34 PM on Mar. 22, 2013