whats with the info-mercials?

ok so i just want to know what is with the info commercials. they make you feel like you NEED this product and you CAN't live your life w/o it. lol. or that life will be so much more easier if you get it. now granteed this is how they are suppose to make you feel but some of the items just make you wonder..and why is everything always 19.99 plus shipping and handleing..have we as a whole gotten soo used to modern living that we can't live w/o a blanket with sleeves...and why are the actors so over dramatic a/b everything. lol? just my thoughts dont mean to step on any toes.

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 12:54 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL! A few years ago Jamie Kennedy actually ran a "fake" infomercial with real people. He was trying to sell a BBQ grill and had an audience full of real people. Well, he purposely had the grill blow up and had some fake EMTs take a man to the hospital. The whole audience was in an uproar and told Jamie Kennedy that they were going to report him. Jamie Kennedy then said I will give somebody $20 if you help me sell my product and say something good about it-about 50 people in the audience raised there hands and said they would comment on the grill and they did:) It was hilarious and the people who were commenting on it acted as it this grill was the best grill ever.

So thats probably why the actors are sooooo dramatic....money talks!
    Anonymous

• People who study how to persuade other people have learned that if someone is upbeat and excited about something that the other people pick up on the excitement. It is why scary movies are so scary- the characters are afraid, and the audience picks up on that. It is instinctive- when our distant ancestors lived in groups for protection, it was a matter of survival that if one member of the group got excited that the others would too- if only one noticed the snake sneaking up on the group, then those who didn't get excited, scared, would be munched up for lunch. If everybody got upset then they would all run away.

Answer by Bmat at 1:19 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• And I hate how they always say "But WAIT !!!! There's more !!!!!"
    Tamijoe14

Answer by Tamijoe14 at 1:45 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• And you always get two of them....LOL!

I don't know what I'd do with one much less the "free" second one (for an additional S&H charge) they are sending.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 2:05 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I know what you mean. I want the "ShamWOW" so bad! lol
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 2:33 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• oh me 2-i am so0o0o tempted to get it..its sham WOW! lol
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 9:16 PM on Feb. 16, 2009