Potty training a puppy

How do you potty train a puppy?

jen_wikstrom

Asked by jen_wikstrom at 12:57 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Pets

• well we just got one saturday. i take her out as soon as she wakes up and i wait maybe five minutes after she has eaten or had a drink and take her out. she is going out every half hour if not more than that.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:00 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I should also add that where we are its like 6 degrees today so he doesnt want to stay out to pee or poop
    jen_wikstrom

Answer by jen_wikstrom at 1:02 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• i know its not six but it is cold here.but we go out as much as we can he has to learn to do it outside cold or not good luck
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I take my puppy out all the time too and give her a treat as soon as she goes. We use the same saying everytime so she know what we are talking about. We tell her, "Do a good girl." It has worked so far but I cant trust her at all in the house without being watched. When we cant watch her she goes in the crate.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 1:07 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• hahahahaha, if you find a way of potty training, let me know PLEASE!! My pug is sooooo stubborn... I bring him out to do his deeds, and he just eats the snow... then I bring him inside, and find piddle puddles and poopies throughout my house!!! He's getting worse not better!!!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 5:37 PM on Feb. 16, 2009