POTTY TRAINING HELP!!!

So my son is now 3 and was almost fully potty trained in February. This last month he has regressed 100%. We are back to square one except now it's even worse. It was soooo easy to potty train him before. Now he throws a fit whenever we even ask him to sit on the potty and refuses to go. And as soon as he leaves the bathroom he will just go in his pull up. We have tried rewards and that hasn't worked, now my husband thinks he is old enough to be disciplined for not going on the potty chair. That doesn't work either. It only makes matters worse. The problem is we are out of ideas. Do we just wait? He moved up a class at daycare because he was potty trained and now I am worried he will have to move back down to the "baby" class because he isn't anymore. I am so frustrated and not that I am embarrassed of my son but I do find it embarrassing when we are out and he is older than all the other children, yet the only one still pottying and pooping in his pants. Please give me some advice on what to do!

BraydonsMama262

Asked by BraydonsMama262 at 11:47 AM on Mar. 22, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• A "midlife" crisis of the toddler/preschool years is something both my friends and I have experienced and this includes a lapse in potty training. I went to a seminar that discussed that sometimes kids lapse not just with change that is adverse but with "new things" like learning a ton of new things like the alphabet or learning how to ride a bike. Essentially they are little sponges already full of water or in this case pee and they get overwhelmed. I found with my own son, in addition to going back to forcing him to use the potty at certain times he needed major reassurance that he was still my baby as he was growing too fast for his own emotional comfort zone. I did some extra one on one time doing things that were still age appropriate now but that he enjoyed as a baby like stories, walks in a stroller. Using the terminology "big boy" was actually making things worse. Have you tried sitting down and asking your child why?
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 4:04 PM on Apr. 9, 2013