I have started going gray at 46 which I know gray is ok with some...

I have a gray patch at the front of my hair and my hair is natruly dark golden blonde, I hear ppl say let it go, let nature take its course but it washes me out and I'm not ready for it.I know I will be dying it often..should I get a home color or go to the saloon? that would be all the time and color is expensive.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I think home kits have perfected this.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:04 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I'm going gray at 28:(
    If I have some extra money I go to the salon. If I'm broke I use an at home kit. Both do the trick:)
    Anonymous

• yeah im 24 i have black hair im going grey try the at home kit first
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 1:06 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I'm 44 and I've been dying my hair every 5-6 weeks for almost 10 years now. I just use Revlon Color Silk, med auburn (#42) My mom is a cosmetologist/color tech and she says it's one of the most beautiful, natural looking colors to come out of a home color box. It's very easy to do and only costs about $2.99 per box. I compared that with going to a solon, they were gonna charge me about $70.00, so I decided to stick with the home coloring.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 1:11 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• If you only have that patch try going to a beauty supply place where they have this lipstick looking thing with your shade of color you just color the spot you need and walah! It does come off when you wash your hair. Or you can get "Nice & Easy" for the roots that is what I like to use. It last for about 3 - 4 weeks. (Make sure you use  a shampoo for color treated hair) it will last longer. Or you can go ahead and pay that high dollar color if you can afford it time to time but it does get expensive but they do a good job (sometimes) depends who you get. GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:17 PM on Feb. 16, 2009