What are some things you packed in your labor and delivery bag you couldn't live without?

or anything you packed and didn't even use.

BeautyGuru

Asked by BeautyGuru at 1:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2013 in Pregnancy

• sweat pants to go home in.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:58 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• I forgot to pack deodorant fortunately they had some there, but I would have liked mine. lol.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 1:58 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• toiletries I needed them but didn't get to use them. The hot water was broken when I gave birth to my DD and they didn't get it fixed till I left 3 days later. I attempted to take a cold shower/bath but it was to damn cold I just sat on the edge and cleaned my yahoo. I gave birth in November here it's about 30 degrees already outside.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:59 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• I didn't use any of it, except my toothbrush (which the hospital would have provided as well).
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:59 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• I-Pod,Book, my own comfy slippers,and my crazy TAZ slipper socks I can't give birth without them :D
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 2:07 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• I could have LIVED without any of the crap I brought- it was the medical care I needed.

More important items- chapstick, baby's going home clothes, hair ties, bottled water, hairbrush, camera

Less important items- wifi device, extra clothes, snacks
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:11 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• Slippers are VERY important. Comfy PJ pants & T shirts. A pen & pencil.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:11 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• & a ROBE!!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:12 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• I was happy to have my own slippers and warm socks, also a couple of pairs of pajamas. If I had it to do over, I would get the nursing nightgowns with the holes to pull the boobs through, because I spent a lot of time topless for the lactation consultant. Which would have been fine except I didn't particularly care to show off my double D's to the maintenance man and the social workers, and all he other drop-in types.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:16 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• Reading material. I had an emergency c-section and pre-eclampsia, so I was there for five days and hospital TV options were AWFUL. I was bored out of my mind and trapped in a hospital with my baby in the NICU. I wish I'd brought some earplugs, though, because it was hard enough to sleep in a strange bed with abdominal pain without all the ambient noise.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:47 PM on Mar. 22, 2013