Breastfeeding mothers of a newborn...how long before you continued your normal routine after returning home?

How long after giving birth did you relax at home before starting your normal routine of cleaning,outings ext.. Couple days,weeks or longer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Mar. 22, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Normal routine with a newborn? Good luck!

Seriously, I guess it was about two weeks before life seemed to fall into a new pattern, although nursing was a struggle for the entire year I did it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:19 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• There is no such thing as a "normal routine" with a newborn enjoy every second and the house will still be standing.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• sidesplittinglaughter

normal routine.

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 3:42 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• With my first pregnancy, I tried to jump back into everything the day we got home from the hospital! My husband had to work, and I had to clean house, do laundry, everything. I was miserable, I made my hubby miserable...
    Second time around I took it easy. Hubby was also more helpful! I had a few weeks where I only did what I needed to.

I also had 2 c sections, BTW.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 7:30 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• Welcome to the new normal. What you did before, gone. Not coming back. You'll find new ways to do what needs to be done... and that's merely because of the existence of the baby. No matter how you feed, the old ways are gone and new ways will be found.

My son was born nearly 14 years ago and I've never gone back to the "old normal." Nor is my "new normal" the same "new normal" I had when he was newborn.

You'll find what works. Just don't push yourself too hard.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:34 AM on Apr. 4, 2013