What is this world coming to when not even our babies are safe from thugs?! :(

http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/crime-courts/2013-03-22/brunswick-police-arrest-2-teens-babys-shooting-death?v=1363970783

This just makes me sick to my stomach! And that poor mother. The 17 y/o can be tried as an adult, but not sure how much time the 14 y/o will get. To be that young, & to have no value of an innocent little life like that, tells me they don't belong out in society ever again!

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 7:27 PM on Mar. 22, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I have cried three times over this story today. ( here comes more tears). God be with his mommy. I can't even imagine.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 7:29 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• i cant bring myself to read the story. the headlines disturb me enough... i cant even imagine... all i know is if i were that mom and i ever saw those kids again, i would rip their balls off with my bare hands and feed it to them.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:42 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• Depending on the state, the 14 year old can be charged as an adult too. In NY, there is no minimum age. In Wisconsin, minimum age to be tried as an adult is 10. And ANY crime committed as part of a gang is automatic waiver to adult court.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:34 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• I think the 17 year old should be put to death, but the 14 year old, not so sure, I think that he was hanging with a bad crowd, but you never really know what someon will do who you are with, I would say he needs to be in a facility until 21 and then evaluated to see if he can be released.
    I cried over this story as well!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 7:46 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• I can't even read about it because it's so upsetting. There are just so many disturbed people in the world.

I didn't read the article so maybe it explains this but, who lets their 14 year old hang out with a 17 year old.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:09 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• My heart weeps....
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:45 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• I can't read it. But from the responses and what OP has written, I can't read it, I already know what happened. Why have our younger generations not grasp the fact that life is precious, especially the innocent. Could this be some kind of horrible gang initiation? I don't know how a momma can have the strength to carry on after this kind of needless, senseless, cruel tragedy. These young murderers must be dead inside already to do something like this.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 10:59 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• That is my absolute worst fear... and it happened to her. I don't know how anyone could go on after that. I would shrivel and die.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:20 AM on Mar. 23, 2013

• That story pulled on my heart strings! and to think that this was done by other children makes me sick!

Answer by older at 8:18 AM on Mar. 23, 2013

• Were there witnesses? I read that the weapon has not been found. Sad, no matter how you look at it, but I just get this feeling that this story is not what it seems. Why would they kill the baby, but not the mother who could ID them? If they wanted money, why not kill the mom and search for money? The baby wouldn't have money, right? Why did it take 5 shots from point blank range to nick her ear, and shoot her leg?

Anonymous