Would you continue to date/put up with this kinda guy?

So I've been with this guy for about 8 months. We have not spoken in 5 days over a very petty argument. We haven't officially broken up yet, but I feel like it's time.

All he does is talk about his "precious cats." It's kind of weird. Plus they poop in hidden spots, piss in his bed, and hide in the furniture. They're not cute & I don't wanna go over to his house.

I feel like he's the whiny girlfriend & I'm the a-hole boyfriend in this relationship. He's pretty needy and wants physical attention all the time. Not so much sex, but hand-holding, cuddling, etc. ALL the time. I'm not like that.

Everything he says sounds like criticism. He's constantly analyzing EVERYTHING and it sounds like he's criticizing everything all the time. It's so annoying. Not everything needs to be discussed & analyzed in depth.

His eating habits are disgusting. He puts extra salt on EVERYTHING. He talks about working out & losing weight, but he never wants to do it with me. He't not fat, but he is kind of out of shape. I'm not perfect, but I want someone to be active with me.

I'm not sure if I was just "blinded by love" at first and did not notice these things before. But now there's not anything desirable about him at all. I'm just having a hard time decided what to do. My DS adores him & he is a really good, responsible guy. I don't know if I should give up or work it out. We've been trying & trying to work it out, but it seems like we're failing. We've talked about our issues and we have not repaired anything. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Mar. 22, 2013 in Relationships

• "But now there's not anything desirable about him at all". That says it all IMO. It sounds like it is time to realize you two are simply not compatible.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 8:01 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• I don't think you're right for each other.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:01 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• See this is why you shouldn't induce your kids to men until you're sure they are right for you. So, now you're going to have to hurt your son's feelings because you know it's not going to work, there's no way it can.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:03 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• "I'm the a-hole boyfriend in this relationship."

then break up with him like a man would...send him a text message (but only in response to him texting you)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:07 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• ^^That's actually kinda funny. But I wouldn't do that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:08 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• I'm not sure if I was just "blinded by love" at first and did not notice these things before. ...you were settling
    But now there's not anything desirable about him at all.... now you are looking for any reason to settle again
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:09 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

Comment by Anonymous

i know you would not (most woman would never, i mean)
    but funny when i read this from you

he does not sound right for you, and think you were in love with the idea of love, and settled for him
    ...just my guess by your description of him
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:10 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• Omg. Is his name Daryl? Sounds just like a freak I got rid of a year ago.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 8:15 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• nope
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 8:15 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• If you are asking this question, you have already answered it.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:18 PM on Mar. 22, 2013