Do you get cash aid for a third child , if two of your children already receives $577.00

I live in the bay area , and I receive ssi . My two boys receive calworks , of $577.00 ! I was wondering would I get anything for adding on my new baby boy ? My rent is $900.00 and bills that come out to $300.00 . Not including ? Diapers for my 22 month old or the newborn . Are gas to get around or tissue , soap , clothes , shoes , ect . Please I am a single mom with no family , but the kids and we don't even have money left over in case something was to happen !

lovejuicy0

Asked by lovejuicy0 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 22, 2013 in About CafeMom

• Anonymous

• If you can not afford 2 why are you having a 3rd? Birthcontroll would help you. Or just do not have sex..

Answer by louise2 at 9:08 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• Most states will increase what you receive for a third child. You have to apply though.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:12 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• A job might help? Not trying to be condescending but.....
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 9:12 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• Um $900 in the bay area is EXTREMELY inexpensive, anon.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 9:14 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• If there is a dollar tree in your area alot of the items like detergent, tissue, personal care items etc can be found there. You can also shop online for the items.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:35 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• What qualifies your other 2 kids for SSI? The only way for a baby to qualify would be if there's a medical or mental condition.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:39 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• Yes true , I will consider birth control . I am in a program called lifter , for domestic women . I plan to go back to school and work , but a baby sitter is needed and the program told me to wait until it start . Everything takes time . They have already payed out $175 a day , for four day to someone just so I could go to the hospital and have baby . I have no family . I am running for my ex . I receive ssi , not my children ! I do shop at the dollar tree , but washing power er or lotion and body wash is cheap . I buy it else where !
    lovejuicy0

Comment by lovejuicy0 (original poster) at 10:27 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• I didn't have children when I was on SSI, but my daughter gets a check for about two thirds of what I receive in SSD a month now. On SSD, I believe your third child gets half of the amount the first two qualify for. Check on www.ssa.gov.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:05 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• Saying "no" is free.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:23 PM on Mar. 22, 2013