HELP! What should I do about my 5 month old?

My daughter is now 5 months and has been switched 5 times on formula. She started out on Similac Advanced, then Sesitive, then Sensitive concentrate, then to Enfimil Premium, now on Soy and nothing seems to help. He problem is she'll drink only 4 oz every 4 hours but vomits, not spits up, over half of each bottle up. We burp her often and I've gone to see my WIC center and my doctor and no one is being of any help. I don't know what to do because everyone tells me for a 5 month old she's underweight. If anyone has any advice on what I should feed her to get her the nutrients she needs but also help with her keeping it down please let me know.

Ariellokkensma

Asked by Ariellokkensma at 9:29 PM on Mar. 22, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• many children with a milk protein allergy are also allergic to soy.
    tell your doc you need a prescription for WIC. In regards to a child this young, one or two bottles will let you know if the child can tolerate it. Not a whole month. Because they are supposed to be gaining and growing. Not plateauing.
    Please be proactive. Do not let WIC push you around.
    Talk to your Doc. and make children's health based decisions with him/her. They went to school for many years to learn abut children's health and growth.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:24 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• Try that tho cut out the bouncing and burping and make that feeding time quiet and head elevated no burping.
    LostInMyMind

Answer by LostInMyMind at 10:24 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• Man im typing to much didnt tell you what the doctor told me caused it lol. She said that the closing mechanism from the stomach to the esophagus is not fully developed and so in some babys its weak enough that the burping moving exc. is enough to cause them to vomit all there food. So it could not be a allergy at all. Just keep that in mind.
    LostInMyMind

Answer by LostInMyMind at 10:29 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• The problem may not be the formula at all but the servings. Four ounces may be too much at once. Reduce your bottle size; smaller meals fed more often. It's how we're programmed.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:25 AM on Mar. 23, 2013