Daughter's Friends hitting on Dh..

My dd is 13 and usually has friends come over after school a couple times a week., my dh owns his own business so is home most of the time. He is in his early 30s and also models part time on the side, so he is good looking. Problem is when our daughter has friends over, some of them are quite flirtatious towards him. It is obvious because his office is basicaly in the dining room, and they always go in there and try to sit with him, touch his hair, arm, and etc. He is becoming uncomfortable so he tries to just be out when they come over which isn't practical. Not to mention we are both worried about our daughter, because it is embarrasing for her as well. She told me this weekend that her best friends think her dad is hot and she is thinking ewwwww . I don't know what to do. She loves having friends over, and its not working for my dh to shuffle out when he has to work. Any advice please..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• You could have your daughter tell her friends that the house rule is do not disturb Dad while he is working, and that they would not be allowed back over if they cannot respect house rules. Or even sit down and discuss with your daughter that perhaps she may want to re-think her friendships with these girls since they are obviously questionable kids if they would flirt with ONE someone's father and TWO someone else's husband! There is so much wrong with that I would have never DREAMED of flirting with someone's dad! What does that say about these girls ya know? Anyway good luck I would sooo not be ok with that!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 3:59 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• omg, how weird and uncomfertable. Why doesn't your daughter just tell her friend how weird she thinks it is and to stop otherwise she's not going to have her over.
    Anonymous

• Wow tough situation, I would never suggest not letting her friends over. Have you tried a blockade with a "Working, do not disturb" sign. That is just such an uncomfortable situation for all involved!
    Anonymous

• id call the friends parents see if they can talk to her about it if they wont id just have your dh let her down gently telling her something like it wouldnt work out bc there is to much of an age difference and shes friends w/ his dd and hes flattered but hed appriciate it if she stopped
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 1:12 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• You just tell the girls they arent allowed to go into the dining area when hes in there because hes busy working and doesnt have time to play like a child. Your DH is going to have to put his foot down and become "mean dad" as a opposed to "hot dad" and tell them to get out of his office and leave him alone.

Answer by gemgem at 1:13 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• You need to sit down with these girls and have a talk with them. Just one about respecting their friend (your daughter) and your home and family. Tell them how uncomfortable they make you and your family, but that you don't want them to be banned from your home, but if they continue, it might happen. Because the older these girls get, the more sticky that situation could get, especially if you have a crazy one in the bunch....
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 1:14 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I agree with gemgem (for once, hah).
    Anonymous

• Wow! Your husband is going to have to start being short with them and rude. I'm really surprised that these girls would have enough guts to actually go up to him and hit on him!

Your daughter is just going to be known as the girl with the HOT dad. I don't think she can really do anything to stop it!

I had a friend with a HOT dad and we always used to joke around about it and my friend was like your daughter, she was disgusted by it! We just joked and it was all in good fun. We still ask about her dad when we all get together lol. But we never approached the dad or hit on him-thats just crazy!!
    Anonymous

• My immediate thoughts on this .... the only things that happen in your house is what you ALLOW to happen in your house. You and hubby need to take a stand and put a stop to anyone being that close to touching him period! Suppose one of these "friends" wanted to impress another and started little stories about how he looks at her, touched her or anything. this could cause a whirlwind of chaos. I would let these KIDS know that this is adult, a father AND MY HUSBAND and if they cant respect that do not step foot in my home. Daughters friends, or not. I would also let the parents know that I feel as though their is a certain respect level that must be maintained. Sorry so harsh about this but young girls are causing more and more problems for adult men daily. Some of them are just plain fast.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 1:33 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I would do with this girl the same thing I would do with any other female hitting on my husband. I would make it clear that you won't put up with that, and say " Thats MY husband, keep your hands off!" And give her an ass kicking stare down. I would also not allow my daughter to hang out with girls like this. That could just lead to trouble down the road
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 1:52 PM on Feb. 16, 2009