How would you describe your perfect tagine?

Mine is apricot lamb tagine over whole wheat Israel couscous

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Mar. 22, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Never heard of tagine.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 11:40 PM on Mar. 22, 2013

• I do like lamb , but don't think I would like it that way.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:13 AM on Mar. 23, 2013

• A tajine or tagine is a historically Berber[2] dish from North Africa that is named after the special earthenware pot in which it is cooked. A similar dish, known as tavvas, is found in the cuisine of Cyprus. The traditional tajine pot is formed entirely of a heavy clay, which is sometimes painted or glazed. It consists of two parts: a base unit that is flat and circular with low sides and a large cone- or dome-shaped cover that sits on the base during cooking. The cover is designed to promote the return of all condensation to the bottom. With the cover removed, the base can be taken to the table for serving. Tajines are also used and made in Morocco. The word "tagine" also refers to the dish which is slow-cooked inside the cooking vessel. Typically, a tagine is a rich stew of meat, chicken, or fish, and most often includes vegetables or fruit. Vegetables can also be cooked alone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tajine
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:24 AM on Mar. 23, 2013

• I'm not very adventurous with food, and I don't care for lamb at all. But I'm usually willing to try anything once.

I learn something new every day, so I guess tagine and the Yucatan dish ar what I discovered today. I usually look stuff up because I don't like feeling silly when I have no idea what a food is.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:25 AM on Mar. 23, 2013

• never had it, but it sounds good
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:33 AM on Mar. 23, 2013

• Vegetarian and made by my BFF, who is Moroccan/Israeli and an awesome cook.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2013