Going out in the rain?

So it's Saturday morning...right before the ass crack of dawn. I got up at 5am. DS & I went to bed at 9:30 last night!

So after watching some tv, I got in the shower because I thought it'd be a great idea to get out and get some grocery shopping done early.

Howeverrrr...when I got out of the shower, it's POURING down raining accompanied by thunder & lightening. And the little creek out my window is flooding & it's like raging rapids...lol.

I decided that my early morning errands would not happen. Plus we don't have any raincoats & my umbrella is in the car.

Are you the type to go run errands in the pouring rain with your little one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 AM on Mar. 23, 2013 in Shopping

• NO, not unless had too. It could wait.

Answer by louise2 at 8:11 AM on Mar. 23, 2013

• I try to avoid going out in the rain unless I have to. My kids aren't super little anymore, but I just don't like being out in the rain, plus the people around here drive like idiots when a drop of water falls from the sky. lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:25 AM on Mar. 23, 2013

• I don't do errands with anyone much less a little one...it is dangerous, good to hear you are smart enough not to do that.....

Answer by older at 8:28 AM on Mar. 23, 2013

• If it's warm rain yes but I have also been one to run around in the rain with the kids in summer. But since it's cold I am more then likely to stay home till it lets up. Stay Safe.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:37 AM on Mar. 23, 2013

• Not in pouring rain, unless I had to. If it wasn't raining that hard then sure.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:03 AM on Mar. 23, 2013

• Not cold and rainy. Warm and rainy doesn't bother me as much. I try to do errands without my little ones whenever possible!

Answer by missanc at 9:37 AM on Mar. 23, 2013

• Not unless I HAD to
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:48 AM on Mar. 23, 2013

• I live in a state that rains ALL the time! We don't use umbrellas, we have the attitude, it's just water, you'll dry, lol
    We'd starve and NEVER go anywhere if we waited for a dry day.
    Here, we don't go out if it's over 85!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 9:56 AM on Mar. 23, 2013

• It doesn't pour rain here very often and when it does it always stops or at least lets up after a minute or two. No thunder or lightening. Because of that, I LOVE when it rains but it is a pain to get a kid in and out of the car in it so unless it was urgent I'd probably wait for it to let up a little.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 10:57 AM on Mar. 23, 2013

• Not with a little tyke, no. It is too tricky to keep the little one dry. And not in the lightening and thunder on my own unless it is needed right then. Heavy rain also, I feel doesn't contribute to safe driving. Regular rain, yes, I ignore it and go out.

Answer by Bmat at 11:01 AM on Mar. 23, 2013