my gr.son 15mo. is bored silly &i'm out of ideas. PLEASE rush tips.

tabytha

Asked by tabytha at 1:14 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Go outside and let him walk or run around. Go for a walk. Finger Paint. Color. Watch movies. Do other arts and crafts like get a glue stick and cut out peices from magazines and paste them onto paper. Put on music and have music time where you all dance and sing.

Answer by gemgem at 1:18 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• out side is covered in ice & snow
    tabytha

Answer by tabytha at 1:40 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Go out to the store or something. When my 15 month old DD gets like that its usually just because she wants a change of scenery. =]
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 1:44 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I agree.... go for a ride. Go visit someone or take her to the mall or even the grocery store.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 2:04 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• change of scenery is what I would recommend. Do you have a bookstore close by or a library? That is always fun. Or, just a mall and your grandson can ride around in the stroller or play in the indoor play area if there is one.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 2:26 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• thank you but leaving the house right now is out of the ?> i dont drive. looking more inside activity like PATTY-CAKE, or HEAD, TO TOES.
    tabytha

Answer by tabytha at 2:33 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• building blocks, hide and seek, pots and pans drums
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 2:39 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• paint with pudding, make a fort with the cushions from the couch, make a tent with a blanket and the kitchen table, give him a bath and let him play with plastic cups, mix cornstarch and water together and let him play with it ( use more starch than water.. it's neat!), put on music and dance with him, roll a ball,

My daughter is 15 months and these are the things we have been doing.
    GraciesMommy25

Answer by GraciesMommy25 at 4:16 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Go into the kitchen and explore. Kids love pulling stuff out of cupboards. Make sure there is no glass in there though. My son likes to race in the house. We run back and forth. Blanket rides are another big hit. I put him on the blanket and pull him around the house. Also if you have stairs, you can let him climb up and down them, of course stay right with him. Also you can bring outside inside. I put snow on a sled and let my son play with it in the kitchen. He thinks this is fun. He also likes to play in the sink. He loves water. I hope this helps. If you need more ideas give me a message.
    simplysmiles13

Answer by simplysmiles13 at 4:17 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• use dish soap and water to make bubbles-if you don't have a wand, just make a circle out of your finger and thumb.
    teach him some songs-maybe something you remember from your own childhood?
    if you have food coloring, put some water in a clear cup or a glass jar, and make the water "magically" turn different colors.
    use a laundry basket and have him throw a ball or a rolled up sock into it to make a "goal"
    try reading him some books, or coloring with him
    maybe you could make a game out of having him identify body parts like eyes, nose, mouth, hands, etc.
    Guaranteed

Answer by Guaranteed at 4:22 PM on Feb. 16, 2009