Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has this ever happened to your child?

Ok i have a three year old who has always been a really health kid, we have never had any trouble until a few months ago. He started getting large knotts all over his little body and they fill up with puss and are a bluish red color and are hot and are really painful and no matter what the doctors do he just cant shake it. The doctors dont even have a clue what it is. Im scared it might be something bad. The latest knott appeared in his eye it is swollen shut with puss and everything. It is heart breaking to have to watch him go through this. Has this ever happened to your child before? Any ideals on how to get rid of this? Nothing the doctors are doing is helping him. Thank you for your time

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Kids' Health

Answers (8)
  • toddler boyNo help, just a big hug for your little guy.


    Answer by Wimsey at 1:20 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

  • Oh my goodness....Dear Lord please help this little boy get through this no one seems to know what this could be please Lord touch him with your healing hands and bless this little boy and his family. In Jesus name Amen.

    I am so sorry to hear this it breaks my heart I pray he will get back to a healthy little boy. God Bless you guys. giving mom gift


    Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:23 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

  • You need to see a different Dr, and if that one can't find out what it is try another Dr and keep going until you find one that knows what's going on. Try a dermatologist too, since it's some kind of skin lesion, they might know what's going on. Hot to the touch is a bad sign. That means it's probably infected, what ever it is. Don't be afraid to get second and third opinions!


    Answer by MomOfJandM at 1:27 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

  • You should go to an emergency room where they have a childrens hospital.

    Answer by gemgem at 1:32 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

  • You should find another doctor that specializes in such things. I don't know what- a dermatologist? From your description they sound like boils. And my question would be why they keep coming back.

    Answer by Bmat at 1:53 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

  • poor kiddo sounds like you need a new dr my so/dh gets what it sounds like he was getting it just stoped after a few months :( but they were cyst and the dr tested them and everything was ok we had to just keep it very clean with no soap tho and warm compress and pushed the puss out i hope it stops cuz sven my dh was in alot of pain good luck

    Answer by kris10npj at 4:48 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

  • Sounds like staph, I have a friend that got that. .. it is usually drug resistant and if not requires very strong medication. My friend had to soak in warm bleach water every day for 14 days. . . go to a different doctor, emergency room if need-be. Sounds serious and painful.

    Answer by Panditacjp at 11:56 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

  • have they cultured the puss? if not they should, it may provide some answers. good luck

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.