What's the different symptoms in food poisoning vs stomach virus? adult content

I woke at 3 with horrible cramps, bad water diarrhea, vomiting, chills then sweats, temp of 100.9

I'm still in bed with terrible cramps.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Mar. 23, 2013 in Health

• Do you have a sor throat, body aches, or anything respiratory going on? Those are signs, along with the tummy stuff, of the flu. Did you eat anything different from usual last night?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:01 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• I've had food poisoning twice - you just know it. I was sicker than I have ever been with the food poisoning. Vomiting mostly, or wishing I could vomit. There was just a different feel to it. And the second time other people had it too, it was one particular dish from a holiday party at mom's work - at the health department!
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• The one time I had food poisoning, I just couldn't keep anything in my body. I was vomiting, and had diarrhea, and stomach cramps. But that was it. I wasn't congested, or feverish, my throat didn't hurt (until after I'd thrown up about a million times!), and I didn't feel "sick." You know, you just have that feeling when you're sick, and I didn't have that. Oh, and the way it came on so suddenly. Within about 2-4 hours of eating the food that gave me food poisoning, I suddenly had to throw up and had diarrhea. It was this thing where I'm sitting there, feeling fine, and suddenly I'm grabbing for the trash can because it's right there and I can't make it to the bathroom to throw up.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• I'm sure it is just a bug. I ate everything that the kids and DH did yesterday ( shhhh, minus the snickers ice cream bar lol).

No runny nose or sore throat. I'm actually feeling remarkably better. It's been exactly 12 hours since it all started. I'm in quarantine in my bedroom. This was so painful I can't bear to watch my babies get it.

DH is probably already expose. He helped me clean up my mess and tookm care of me. Even insisted on staying in bed with in case I vomited in my sleep. He deserves a special award.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:05 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• I've had food poisoning and just knew. It usually comes on within hours of eating bad food.

Glad you are feeling better.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:58 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• When i had food poisoning, my stomach hurt so bad I threw up rather than just the nausea you get with the flu
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 7:45 PM on Mar. 24, 2013