Moving again...

we have officially become pros at moving and as exhausting as it can sometimes be im super excited for this next move!

It wont be easy being far away from ourfamily and friends but i am excited to settle down and KNOW we arent going anywhere for a few years and to actually really hunker down and make the house a home. The last few years we've moved into four different places, constantly packing and unpacking..

i feel like i have been LIVING on pinterest lately, pinning so many home decor ideas haha.

any of you move alot? finally settle down in your forever home?

nnh_mama

Asked by nnh_mama at 12:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2013 in Home & Garden

• We have moved a lot and I am very sick of moving. We're not done yet, although we'll be here the longest of any place we've lived. We'll be leaving in another 3 years or so, when my youngest finishes elementary school.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:37 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• We moved a lot when my kids were babies, but we've been in our current apartment complex since January 2005, and the current apartment since September 2009. I hate moving, as much as I love having a new house to decorate and get used to.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• we are looking for a new house to rent in april.. and move mid may... we have gotten so good at moving it takes us 2 days to do it. lol its a long stressful two days but we get it done quickly. i jsut try not to hang onto anythingwe dont need or use anymore
    nnh_mama

Comment by nnh_mama (original poster) at 12:58 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• I bought my condo with the firm plan in my head that it would be my last move. I hate moving. Then I found out I was pregnant, ended up with an instant family, and got a cat. I'm tinking there's another move in my future, but not right away because I owe more on the condo than it's worth.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• The most I moved around was from 20-25, when I bought a house with money my grandfather left me. Stayed there for 3.5, and bough our current house with DH. We have been here for 16 years. We talk about moving in about 4.5 years, when DD is finished with high school and DS2 is going into 7th and a new school anyway.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:05 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• we wont be buying for a VERY long time.. few more years of moving in our future.. but when we do buy i plan to stick there for good. buy as big of a house as we can afford when the time comes because God knows we could use all the space we can get. three kids and two cats and plenty of family coming for visits out of town.. i promised my husand we'd get a dog the day we buy a house lol Espsince the dog he wants is a chocolate lab.. big dogs like that deserve a nice yard to play in.
    nnh_mama

Comment by nnh_mama (original poster) at 1:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• We bought our house brand new 25 years ago and we're still here!
    I hate moving, probably because of my military upbringing.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• DH did 20 in the Army. Now retired. We finally bought a house. Been in it 4 years. When we were bouncing around with the Army. I never decorated. Just put our stuff in a place the best I could. No sense if we were going to move arain in 2.3 years.
    Now I don't know if this is my forever home. I hate it here.

Answer by louise2 at 1:55 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• pmsmom: that always worries me about my kids.. hoping moving wont hurt them in the long run because of their military upbringing. For right now they actually enjoy moving.. my son packs his own boxes and likes looking at new houses.. he enjoys constantly getting new bedrooms lol but i know it'll be harder once he is more attached to friends in school. When he gets a bit bigger Im hoping to be done so he can at least go through highschool in one place!

louise: why did u buy if you hate it there? just curious
    nnh_mama

Comment by nnh_mama (original poster) at 3:02 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• With DH in the military we have definitely moved a lot, even out of the Country. We are so close to getting in to our forever home!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:02 PM on Mar. 23, 2013