What material are your pets water and food dishes made of?

My cats could give a crap what the food bowl is. But water bowls? They wont drink out of them.

I have tried plastic, ceramic, stainless steel, glass...

But they will drink out of the toilet.

Asked by staciandababy at 2:39 PM on Mar. 23, 2013 in Pets

• The water bowl is melmac. (YOU might have to look that one up, it's an oldie). The food bowl is metal. He's very picky about his dishware... LOL!

Answer by m-avi at 2:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• Plastic. Only one of our cats - we have 2 - will drink out of a water bowl. The other insists on drinking from a running faucet.

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:45 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• Have you tried a flowing water bowl? Some cats just like the movement on the water. It is easier for them to see. That is why some cats push or pull on the bowl to make ripples before they drink.

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:45 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• My animals don't care what they eat or what the food is in lol. The dog bowls are ceramic and the cat bowls are stainless steel.

My cat also drinks out of the toilet lol.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 2:45 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• ours are glass. they drink out of that as well as the toilet lol esp if they are upstairs they will be lazy and go to the toilet rather then walk down to the kitchen for their water bowl.. lazy lazy fat cats haha i just try to make sure to close the seat lids so they cant keep hanging out in the toilets..

Answer by nnh_mama at 3:09 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• I have a stainless steel bowl for their water but don't bother filling it half the time because they refuse to drink out of it.. they're both in the toilet at the same time for a drink. I've tried plastic, and regular ceramic bowls too.. Something about that toilet..

Answer by anestheticsex at 3:12 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• Ours are a real heavy-duty plastic. Maybe if you get in the habit of keeping the lid down on the toilet, they will have no choice but to drink from their water dish. Goofy kitties! :p

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• Cheap plastic bowls for the cat, stainless steel ones for the dog because she has to eat from one of those elevated pet peeding stands. Spoiled thing, but it does seem to help with her digestive issues if she doesn't bend down to eat.

Answer by Ballad at 3:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• I had to switch all my cats to ceramic, because one had a reaction to plastic. Maybe you should try this:

Answer by SWasson at 3:49 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• I have a dog, and his dishes are stainless steel, because he chews plastic up in a matter of minutes and somehow destroys all other materials as well, even though I don't know how he does it to the others. lol

Answer by wendythewriter at 4:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2013