I don't understand how one 'accidentally' shoots someone...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-shooting-orlando-child-critical-20130322,0,4790838.story

16 year old boy accidentally' shoots his 12 year old brother. How is a shooting ever and accident!? I was accidentally holding a loaded gun and I accidentally put my finger on the trigger, then accidentally pulled it making the bullet accidentally come out...

really?

What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Accidental in that he didn't deliberately do it. He was just not taught gun safety and his parents were stupid enough to leave one where he could get it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 3:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• these things happen.. esp with kids.. not trained to use a weapon or how to hold it correctly.. treating it like its a toy and playing around like they are tough... only takes a slip on the finger... i feel for the parents.. wish they wouldve done a better job at keeping the weapon out of their kids hands..
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 3:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• This is why everyone, no matter how terrified they are of big bad guns, has a duty as a parent to teach their children gun safety. It's no different than teaching them not to play in traffic or touch a hot pan.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:53 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• Stories like this are why I do not allow guns in my home.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 3:53 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• you would think a 16 year old would be clever enough to understand cause and effect. 'I pull trigger- bullet might come out' I think he should be charged. The parents to.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:54 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• really? you really cannot fathom how gun accidents happen? i would venture to say that you're uneducated about gun safety if you truly do not understand how gun accidents occur.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• Parents probably kept a loaded gun in their home, in easy reach of children.
    It is the fault of the parents for not teaching gun safety and not putting fire arm out of reach of their children.

Guns have been known to malfunction and discharge with just a bump or drop of weapon.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 4:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• 16 year old/teens are stupid in some ways. Anonymous, I do understand how you feel. To me it was no accident either. Gun =shooting it.

Answer by louise2 at 4:12 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• yeah im sure the 16 yr old understands probably didnt mean to actually pull the trigger.. its like something i saw on the news recently.. a guy drove his car through a 7 eleven.. he knows the difference between gas and break.. but hit the gas insteading of breaking by accident! and i think they parents are feeling at their worst as is. if anything i did or didnt do resulted in one of my kids being hurt or killed there is nothing in the world you could do to me to make me feel worse then i would already feel.
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 4:13 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• What NP said ^^^^
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2013