Thinking of going to the drive in theater tonight

has anyone ever been, any positive or negative experiences to share? you are not allowed to get out of the car, so im wondering how my kids are going to see unless i put them both in the front seat when we get there. the only reason i want to go is because its MUCH cheaper than the AMC theaters in our area.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 4:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2013 in Entertainment

• You're allowed to get out. Well, at least you were at the ones I've gone to.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 4:14 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• LOL, you can get out and use the bathroom, get food.. heck the one we used to go to had a play area... You've never been??
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:16 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• i read the website- you can get out to use the bathroom but you're not allowed to get out of the car to watch the movie. nope, first timer!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 4:27 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• I have been to two drive ins several times and have had great experiences every time I have gone. I too wanted to go tonight but it is suppose to rain and be cold. We normally bring our camping chairs and sit outside. Not sure why your drive in would have a rule as far as not getting out. That doesn't seem right.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 4:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• we pop the back of the SUV and take a couple of lawn chairs
    the hood of the car is even out?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 4:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• well, it didn't say that you can't set up your own chairs or sit on a blanket next to your car. it says this "Sitting or lying in the empty parking space is absolutely not permitted. No sitting or lying on top of vehicles."

tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 4:31 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• i do have an SUV. hopefully they'll let me back in and open the back so they can watch from there?
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 4:32 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• "Sitting or lying in the empty parking space is absolutely not permitted. No sitting or lying on top of vehicles."

That is completely different than not being allowed outside. They basically want to make sure that everyone is safe. You should be allowed to back in and watch from the back but be prepared to be in one of the back rows. An alternative would be to bring camping chairs and sit at the front of your car.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 4:37 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• okay, ill bring them then just incase! :)
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 4:38 PM on Mar. 23, 2013

• Also, arrive early and bring things to play with. Many of the children play on a grassy area while they wait for it to get dark. I love going to the drive in, it is so much fun!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 4:39 PM on Mar. 23, 2013